Saturday, July 28, 2018

Super Sweet Summer


 Hello My Friends!

Today we are bringing you a guest post from Guest Designer Lindsey Larson! Lindsey says "I enjoy crafts...and occasionally I actually get to do them."

Lindsey has created some super sweet summer watermelon cards using watermelon2stamp and Sweet Statement Set

Read on to see what Lindsey has to say about the projects she created!

Good morning!  I'm here today to share with you some cards featuring one of my favorite things about summer - watermelon!  I love it, and it turns out I love creating with watermelons just as much as I love eating it. :) In fact, I had so much fun creating with the cutest watermelon stamps and dies from The Stamps of Life that I've got projects to share with you not just today but through the rest of the week.  So let's get started!
I was immediately drawn to the size and script of the die in the Sweet Statement SetObviously this set could be used for countless occasions and styles, but I decided to fully and unabashedly embrace the watermelon theme on my card. 
A little glitter cardstock, some simple embossing, and a few die cut seeds made for a quick but fun card. 


Since not a whole lot of stamping was involved in the creation of my first card, I decided to go the opposite route for my second.

Using the melon portion from The Stamps of Life's Watermelon2Stamp and the patterned rinds from the Patterns4Watermelon set, I created a simple stamped background using a variety of pinks and greens.
Not wanting to cover up any of those fun watermelons, I simply finished the card off with the layered sentiment dies in the Watermelon Die Set.

The Stamps of Life stamps and dies were so easy and fun to use. I can't wait to share the rest of my projects with you, there are more to come!
We'll be posting more of Lindsey's great work soon!