Saturday, September 22, 2018

House Fold-it Box

Hello Friends, 

Grab a cozy drink and snack and have a good read on how Designe Team Member Katherine created this new House Fold-it Box for the Seasonal House Challenge! 

Hi there, it's Katherine!
Today I have one more House Fold-it card to share!


I wanted to make a box to add to the back of my house to hold treats. I couldn't figure out how to make a box (LOL) that I liked and the other morning I woke up and thought about the Handle Box die! It fits perfectly behind the House front.
Here is how I made it:

I ran the Handle box die through my Big Shot Plus twice using Licorice cardstock.



I then cut off the top of each box and adhered them together.

I began decorating it by adding ribbon and Candy Corn that I stamped and colored.



Then I moved to the house decorations. I stamped the Web with Powdered Sugar Ink and let it dry. I cut the roof as well as the tree pieces from Kiwi and Grape cardstock. I blended ink onto the edges to add some definition. I stamped some birds in the trees and cut the door.

I stamped Boo and added it to the chimney and tied some twine at the top.

Once it was all ready, I added some strong adhesive to the box and assembled it.

Now, time to fill the box! I chose candy corn to coordinate with all the candy corn I added to the sides.

But mostly because candy corn is my favorite Halloween treat!


After I filled a cellophane bag, I tied with seam binding and added a Dotted oval  stamped with Treats for you.





A fun twist on this House Fold it! Are you loving the more in depth blog posts we've been adding? If so, leave us a comment!

Happy Stamping!