Friday, January 24, 2020

Mermaid Background Die

Hi there! This is Katherine from Crafting with Katherine on the blog today. 
Today I am sharing the new Mermaid Background from The Stamps of Life.
For my first card, I decided to cut out my Mermaid Background from several different colors of card stock.
I layered the outer piece onto a piece of Powdered Sugar Card stock and then started layering my pieces back in a pattern. You can choose any pattern you wish!
NOTE: I put Adhesive Sheets on the back of each piece of card stock before I ran them through my machine.  You can hand glue each piece in but I did this on a road trip and it was much each to adhere them with the glue already applied!
It takes a little time but the wow factor is worth it!
I layered on this big Happy Birthday die from the Center Step Up die.
On my second card, I decided to pull out an old favorite, Pineapple2stamp.  For this background, I repeated the same process with Tangerine and Strawberry card stock. However, instead of a pattern I just randomly filled back in my background. It created a fun organic look.
So many design possibilities with this one!
Be sure to stop by the Gallery and The Stamps of Life for more inspiration!